The Mines and Geosciences Bureau (MGB) is set to fill up a vacant position under Service Contract.
The MGB Central Office in North Avenue, Quezon City, is looking for one (1) Information Officer II – Communications Officer, to work under the supervision of the Chief, Mineral Economics, Information and Publications Division (MEIPD).
The Information Officer II – Communications Officer is expected to:
- Gather relevant information and reports on mining and package these as printed IEC materials for mass dissemination;
- Develop frequently asked questions (FAQs) and other appropriate forms of IEC materials;
- Prepare press kits, papers, and other materials for dissemination to mass media such as press releases, press statements, briefers, MGB articles, etc.;
- Provide technical and logistical support in the production and management of the #BeResponsible campaign of the MGB;
- Provide documentation reports of Fora and Meetings; and
- Perform such other tasks relevant to MGB’s public information and advocacy programs, as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in any of the following: Communication, Journalism, Multimedia Arts, Development Studies or other related courses;
- At least with relevant experience on media/information materials development, or events management;
- Has sufficient knowledge in proofreading, copyreading and headline writing;
- Must commit to report to work regularly;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Proficient in written English;
- Strong commitment to deliver excellent results on time;
- Above average computer skills in MS Office applications; and
- Can work independently and with minimum supervision.
Monthly salary will be Php27,565.000.
Deadline for the submission of applications will be on February 15, 2019.
By: Mineral Economics, Information and Publications Division