The Philippine Mine Safety and Environment Association (PMSEA), the country's forerunner in the promotion of occupational safety and health, sound environmental management and social responsibility in the minerals industry, will hold its 63rd Annual National Mine Safety and Safety Conference (ANMSEC) at CAP-John Hay Trade and Cultural Center Baguio City on November 15-18, 2016.
The theme for this year's ANMSEC is "63 Years of Responsible Mining... Moving Forward By Doing It Right." Annually, various sectors in the mining industry, such as partners, members, mining contractors, mining suppliers, academe, students, professional organizations, community development officers, government officials and employees are attending the PMSEA's celebration of ANMSEC in Baguio City.
Below is the schedule of the week-long activities for this year's event:
Among the highlights of the ANMSEC's yearly activities are the following:
• Annual tree-planting activity at Baguio Botanical Garden
• Welcome Cocktails at Baguio Country Club
• Sportsfest (Badminton, G0olf, Bowling and Lawn Tennis)
• Mining Exhibit participated by Mining Companies and Suppliers
• 4th Community Relations Officers Conference
• Mining Night at Manor Hotel Garden
• Mineral Industry Symposium in coordination with Philippine Society of Mining Engineers
• PMSEA 2nd Student Congress
• Minerals Industry Parade
• Mine Safety Field Demonstration and Field Competition
The culminating activity in the celebration of ANMSEC is the Testimonial Dinner and Annual Awards Night. The winners vying for the Presidential Mineral Industry Environmental Award for best mining practices in the country will be awarded to mining companies engaged in mineral exploration, quarry operation, surface mining operation, underground mining operation and mineral processing. Also, winners of the Best Mining Forest Contest, Safest Mines Awards and Best Mines Personalities will be awarded during the said event.
By: Mine Safety, Environment and Social Development Division